AEROBIC SEPTIC SYSTEM CARE AND OPERATING INSTRUCTIONS:
Daily-Observe the warning device which comes on when the system has malfunctioned. If the alarm is activated or any unusual noise is detected or total failure is observed, call Aerobic Wastewater Service at (817)613-9424.
Weekly-Check the treatment plant for offensive odor. If such a condition develops, call Aerobic Wastewater Service at (817)613-9424.
Every 4 Months-The air filter on the air pump should be cleaned. Rinse with warm water if necessary. Do not use oil or other solvents.
To keep maintenance to a minimum and ensure high effluent quality, the following items should not be permitted to enter the system:
1) Strong disinfectants or bleaches, other than small amounts normally used in day to day cleaning and laundry. Laundry detergents recommended for use are low-sudsing, low phosphates and biogradeable, such as Gain, Arm & Hammer, All, Fresh Start, Dash Bright.
2) Discharge from water softener.
3) Any type of oils, greases, or other chemical wastes.
4) Disposable baby diapers and wipes.
5) Sanitary napkins, condoms or other similar items.
6) Hair, bandages, rags or string.
7) Latex, plastic, or metallic objects.
8) Coffee grounds or cigarette butts.
9) Mud or sticks.
10) Paper towels, napkins, or Kleenex.
11) Tidy Bowl type products.
12) Beer waste or any other rich liquids.
13) Garbage disposal should be used sparingly, not as a method of disposing all solid food waste. In order to ensure good plant operation, waste should be disposed of in the garbage container.
Hydraulic overloading (flows in excess of design flow) may cause the sewage treatment system not to perform to the fullest capability.
Ants have been known to be destructive to the air pump. Regular care should be taken to prevent infestation of ants near the system. Damage or destruction by ants is not covered by any manufacturer's warranty.